Saturday, August 27, 2011

That f/1 glow


I've always enjoyed taking photographs "wide open," believing that not only does doing so set off the subject as expected, but also it can create backgrounds that are almost as interesting as the subject itself. The Leica Noctilux f/1 lens provides these attributes in an almost gratuitous fashion. Here is an image I captured last week as my daughter was waiting for an Amtrak train at the Oceanside station. The train was slowly rolling as she observed its arrival, and f/1 created textures and patterns in the the background that draw the eye to the subject. Fun stuff!

Kip Peterson
Fallbrook, CA

4 comments:

  1. Great shot! I like the soft focus of the geometric background. Welcome on board, Kip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She has that look like "Dad's going to take another picture". I like the clean and simple composition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice candid styled portrait, the DOF works great.

    ReplyDelete