Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Seattle Street Person #2

While in Seattle a couple of months ago, my friend and I were walking around and found the Firefighter's Memorial. My friend and I are retired firefighetrs so visiting the Memorial was significant to us. This fellow started talking to us and he opened his conversation telling us that his grand father was one of the guys memorialized. He gave us quite a story: Viet Nam vet, homeless, needing medical treatment, etc. Of course, he wanted money. He was actually a pretty engaging fellow and we contributed to his cause. We did not smell alcohol and he did not appear to be on drugs. He is probably in need of some mental health treatment. He indulged me (after I handed over the cash) by allowing me to take a couple of photos.

3 comments:

  1. Reminds me of a super-elongated painting by Goya or El Greco.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good visual story-telling. It reflects the words you wrote. The image suggests sadness personified.

    ReplyDelete