Monday, January 9, 2012

Big Game Hunting, Photography Style

Laguna Pool, Balboa Park
I dropped my wife off at the airport at six this morning and drove over to Balboa Park to get some shots at first light. It was quiet and wonderful but my card was soon full, damn these hefty NEF files!

Anyway I had a thought. I am looking for five photographers (all my van will hold) who would like to take a trip to San Diego at the crack of dawn next sunday. There are so many great shots to capture down there at the park, before the humans arrive, from plants, to ponds, roses and spanish ornamentation. I walked through the cactus garden this morning and all the aloes are in bloom.

Afterwards we could do as I did this morning and catch some of the street people/market street shots. I drove to Sunset Cliffs today to check out the waves but we could go to the Presidio or Mission de Alcala and then have lunch someplace. We could even do the zoo.

Anybody interested in a group shoot, please let me know. I would want to meet at the Park and Ride near Nessies no later than five. Early light is where the magic happens.

6 comments:

  1. I would love to go, but my son and his family arrive that morning.
    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous, Robert. Good eye!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 5:00 frickin AM sounds ridiculous, even for ART.

    D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doesn't sound like many of you can make it - will postpone for another day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I might go for this when set up. I have to steel myself for the early get up but I doubt it would kill me. Next Sunday is feasible as would be other times.

    ReplyDelete