Thursday, March 22, 2012

Adobe CS6

Ken sent me an email with a link to the new CS6 beta, Superstition. I downloaded the free trial. Still residing in the dark ages of CS3 I can see that I have a lot to learn. Lots of graphical icons. The artistic filters have moved. Much more powerful tools. Hopefully Ken will walk me through.

I remember being a DOS guy and sniffing at those peons that were extolling the virtues of GUI (graphic user interfaces). If they can't figure out DOS, they have no business behind a keyboard. Boy did I learn...

The image on top is something I quickly played around with using the oil painting filter.

2 comments:

  1. I'll have my laptop at breakfast on Saturday and we can take a look at it.
    Ken

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was in the same situation vis a vis Dos. When the first graphic adapters came out for pcs, I said "what the heck do I need that for?" Text based word processors and database programs were all I thought I would ever need in 1985. Guess that's almost 30 years ago.

    ReplyDelete