Tuesday, July 31, 2012

A Nice Day in Arles

We were in Arles, France (Provence) a few years ago. I had my first digital camera and had started taking photos again after a 30 year absence.

We went to a wonderful Saturday open market that occupied a huge area in the center of the old town. It was a wonderful experience.

I saw these two ladies walking down the street and took a quick snap. On looking at it after arriving home I decided that I really liked the image. We have become so negative about Muslims that I thought seeing a couple of Muslim women enjoying each other and their day was very refreshing. I also liked the other two ladies behind them.

2 comments:

  1. I LIKE THIS PICTURE - LOTS OF CHARACTER IN THE FACE OF THE WOMAN ON THE RIGHT - HER CROOKED TEETH AND JOYFUL SMILE - ALL PUNCTUATED BY HER SLIGHTLY BENT POSTURE. WHAT A NICE PICTURE! WOW! LOUIS N.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Louis!!! I actually got a 1st place with this at a Fallbrook Art Association show a couple of years ago. 16x20 print nicely framed and matted.

    ReplyDelete