Thursday, January 2, 2014

Blog Democracy

Howdy.  We had a report that there were spam comments infiltrating the older posts on this site.  In response to this I thought I set myself up as a moderator but it appears that I didn't push the buttons correctly as nothing happened.  That is fine as I think it is a good idea to get some opinions from the participants on the blog about this idea.  Do we need a moderator or are things just ducky as they are.  After I get a sense of how the masses feel about this I will make a decision about establishing myself as the censor (or not).

-Big Brother

6 comments:

  1. not worried about legitimate comments, just spam...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed. Spam is the issue here

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jon…. I looked back about a month and saw only comments from members. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!! Maybe keep an eye on it and if they crop up take action at that point.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry for the response delay, Jon, I've been out of the loop. I've only seen comments from our fellow Photographer Guys, so don't know that we need a moderator. But if that's your wish, it won't do any harm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Once I started moderating I started intercepting spam, so it appears to be worthwhile to moderate.

    ReplyDelete