Saturday, April 12, 2014

Keep your eye on the birdie.

Most saturday mornings Fallbrook Shutters meets at the coffee shop and we swap shots and stories. I got up a little late today and drove down my narrow canyon road towards town. I did a visual on the hawks nest, actually think that she may have baby hawks in the nest, saw a couple tufts poking up and her first movements in several weeks. Not sure, must keep checking.


I continued down the dusty dirt road and espied an osprey sitting atop a telephone pole in the far distance. Since I had the 500mm on the Nikon I decided to snap a couple frames and then drive closer. Certainly not terrible but not as sharp as I had hoped. Alas by the time I got near, my bird and his fish breakfast had flown the coop. But you get the general idea. There will be another day.



2 comments:

  1. Michael CartwrightApril 12, 2014 at 7:12 PM

    I love these shots, Robert. The nature of Fallbrook. I had no idea our humble river played home to such big-ass fish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A couple of people have written asking me about the big fish. I live on the Santa Margarita River and I have seen them over two feet long. Even have pictures to prove it.

    ReplyDelete